Looking for some creative ideas to freshen up your marketing this spring? We’ve come up with some for those on a low budget. We know all to well that advertising can get pretty expensive. So here are some ideas that won’t break the bank.
1. Publish Great Content. I don’t think I even need to say this, but it’d be neglectful not to mention the importance of kick-ass content. If you can create it yourself, all the better (isn’t free always better?). Even if writing isn’t your strong point, you shouldn’t have too much trouble getting someone on your team or someone local (US) to crank out some articles for your blog. Keep it social!!!
2. Email Campaigns. I
Email marketing is a great way to get new visitors engaged with your business, as well as maintain relationships with your existing customers. Check our “Our Work” to see some campaigns we’ve done for our clients!
3. Recycle Your Content. Just as you can repurpose existing data studies, you can rehash your old content into new creations as well! Turn a webinar into a video tutorial. Transform a collection of blog posts into an ebook. Never be afraid to mash-up your old content – chances are there will be a ton of people who never even saw your old stuff, so it’ll be a fresh, 100% new content piece for a large segment of your audience.
4. Online Contests. You’ll need to cough up some dough for a prize, but the number of participants and new potential leads you get will be well worth the price. Really tight on budget? You don’t technically need a super expensive prize to get participants. Even a couple high-end water bottles or fancy backpacks might be enough of a draw for some users.
5. Awesome Business Cards. Get yourself some snazzy business cards, then give them to every person you lay eyes on. Every handshake should come with a business card. The more people who find out about your business, the better – even if it’s just a quick glance at a business card.
6. Host an Event or Class. Plan an event or class to host, then print out flyers and post them on community bulletin boards (libraries, coffee shops, local colleges). While most community bulletin boards won’t let you post business advertisements, they’re often more than happy to post a flyer promoting an educational event or class.
7. Join in on Local Contests. Consider donating a product or service of yours as a prize in a local contest or event.
Feel free to share your ideas!