1. You have recently changed focus, acquired a new company, or launched a new product or service.
2. You can’t update your OWN content.
3. Your site looks OUT of date.
4. Your website lacks a consistent look and feel
5. Your website does not work in ALL browsers
6. Your website is not accessible on mobile and tablet
7. Your website lacks calls to action
8. Your website does not include social media integration
9. Your website is not up to par with your competitor
10. You would like to launch a stand-alone product or conference microsite.
With the dramatic rise in tablet and smart phone usage, the design of your website needs to ensure that it is compatible with various devices. The more flexibility you can build into your website design, ensuring that it can be accessed through multiple browsers and devices, the better. Did you know Google will penalize your search engine ranking if your site is not mobile friendly? Cap City Creative designs and builds responsive WordPress websites, ensuring accessibility on desktop, mobile and tablets.
So what is SEO? Search Engine Optimization is one of the main reasons that company’s feel the need to redesign their websites. SEO is a way of writing and designing web pages to increase their ranking on Google or other search engines such as Yahoo and Bing.
To start increasing Google rankings, keep the following in mind:
– Publish relevant content
– Include important search words in your headings and body text
– Update content regularly
– Have a link-worthy site with cross links within your site and reciprocal links to and from directories, affiliated sites/partners etc.
– Include web page descriptions, page titles and website meta descriptions
– Use alt-tags for web images
– Compress web images for better site speedEnsure you don’t have broken web links or unfound pages (404 error)
– Link to your social media accounts — or better yet, include a live social feed on your website.
– Submit your site to Google for indexing
To keep your website safe, make sure your website CMS and plugins are regularly updated. Work with your system administrator to ensure that your WordPress version remains current and that your content management system is updated. Strong passwords are also very important.
Cap City Creative Co. can provide assistance updating your WordPress or HTML-based website content or web design.
Here are a few of the services we offer:
– Updating your WordPress CMS and Plugins
– Adding new content (images, video, new pages, etc).
– Designing visual elements (need a new banner image, a new button, promo graphic, etc).
– Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
– Technical assistance and updates
– Troubleshooting (repairing broken code or formatting).